[Chủ đề luyện thi ĐH môn Tiếng Anh] – Từ vựng tiếng anh luyện thi Đại học (Phần 5).
Trung tâm gia sư tiếng anh Hà Nội cung cấp gia sư sinh viên, giáo viên tiếng anh có khả năng giảng dạy tại nhà cho các em học sinh từ lớp 1 đến lớp 12, ôn luyện thi tốt nghiệp THPT quốc gia, tiếng anh giao tiếp cho người đi làm, …. Mọi thông tin cần hỗ trợ tư vấn đăng ký học tập vui lòng liên hệ theo số máy: 0936.128.126 (Hỗ trợ 24/7).
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following:
400. The AIDS _______ continues to spread around the world. Up to 4,000 people are infected with the HIV virus every single day.
a. treatment b. epidemic c. tsunami d. damage
401. During World War II, the Red Cross organized relief assistance for _______ and wounded soldiers and administered the exchange of messages regarding prisoners and missing persons.
a. civilians b. governments c. authorities d. members
402. A _______ is a very large wave, often caused by an earthquake, that flows onto the land and destroys things.
a. famine b. catastrophe c. tsunami d. flood
403. By the end of World War II, 179 _______ of the Red Cross had conducted 12,750 visits to POW (prisoner of war) camps in 41 countries.
a. conferences b. symbols c. missions d. delegates
404. We oppose this war, as we would do any other war which created an environmental catastrophe.
a. pollution b. disaster c. convention d. epidemic
405. The first relief assistance mission organized by the League was an aid mission for the _______ of a famine and subsequent typhus epidemic in Poland.
a. leaders b. authorities c. victims d. organizers
406. The 1923 earthquake in Japan killed about 200,000 people and left countless wounded and homeless.
a. poor b. imprisoned c. suffered d. injured
407. In 2004 more than 40 national societies have worked with more than 22,000 _______ to bring relief to the countless victims of the earthquake.
a. actions b. volunteers c. founders d. nations
408. The mission of the Red Cross is also to supervise the _______ of prisoners of war.
a. education b. encouragement c. treatment d. runaway
409. The International Red Cross and Red Crescent _______ occurs once every four years.
a. Globe b. Society c. Conference d. Nations
410. Fifty per cent of road accidents results in head injuries.
a. examines b. heals c. causes d. treats
411. Jean Henri Dunant was appalled by the almost complete lack of care for wounded soldiers.
a. dedicated b. shocked c. interested d. excited
412. The mission statement of the International Movement as formulated in the “Strategy 2010” document of the Federation is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity.
a. weak and unprotected b. wealthy and famous c. poor and disabled d. deaf and mute
413. Did your son pass the university entrance examination?
a. make up b. get along c. go up d. get through
414. It is against the law to __ on the basis of sex, age, marital status, or race.
a. suit b. discriminate c. believe d. gain
415. Mrs. Pike is a feminist, who ________ that women should be offered the same job opportunities as men.
a. varies b. advocates c. leads d. votes
416. In some most Asian countries women are undervalued and they never have the same ________ as men.
a. formality b. basis c. limit d. status
417. Women’s contribution to our society has been ______ better these days.
a. differently b. naturally c. intellectually d. significantly
418. The small white flowers are my favorite. They give off a wonderful honey smell that scents the entire garden.
a. release b. stop c. end d. melt
419. At any competition, everyone is ________.
a. the same b. equal c. common d. significant
420. There have been significant changes in women’s lives since the women’s liberation movement.
a. controlled b. economic c. important d. natural
421.The forces behind the women’s liberation movement vary from culture to culture, from individual to individual.
a. advocate b. equalize c. power d. change
422. Women’s taking part in politics has got widespread objections from male statesmen in many parts of the world.
a. intensive b. extensive c. inside d. slight
423. Women are considered to be better suited for childbearing and homemaking rather than for involvement in the public life of business or politics.
a. education b. advocate c. participation d. recognition
424. Cultural ________ are the commonly held norms and moral standards of a culture, the standards of right and wrong that set expectations for behavior.
a. facts b. changes c. diversities d. beliefs
425. A ________ problem, feeling, or belief is difficult to change because its causes have been there for a long time.
a. deep-seated b. significant c. dependent d. intellectual
426. In our modern time, the _______ of women has shifted from homemaker to outside worker.
a. role b. period c. right d. pay
427. The aims of the Association of Southeast Asia include the evolvement of economic growth, social progress, cultural development among its members, and the promotion of regional peace.
a. goals b. organizations c. missions d. plans
429. Southeast Asia is a region of diverse cultures.
a. same b. adopted c. various d. respected
430. ASEAN has emphasized cooperation in the “three pillars” of security, socio cultural and economic _______ in the region.
a. organization b. production c. integration d. establishment
431. The ASEAN Free Trade Area (AFTA) is an agreement by the member nations of ASEAN concerning local manufacturing in all ASEAN countries.
a. progressing b. producing c. combining d. aiming
432. ASEAN has planned equitable economic development and reduced poverty and _______ disparities in year 2020.
a. socio-politic b. socio-cultural c. socio-linguistic d. socio-economic
433. One of ASEAN’s objectives is to help people think about peace and _______ and do something about it.
a. origin b. justice c. statistics d. record
434. ASEAN helps to _______ regional cooperation in Southeast Asia in the spirit of equality and partnership
a. invest b. promote c. admit d. invest
435. Rice is the _______ exported product of Vietnam.
a. main b. free c. average d. rural
436. Vietnam asked for _______ to ASEAN in 1995.
a. admit b. admission c. admissive d. admissible
437. Regional development activities have been carried out _______ ASEAN cooperation
a. under b. for c. into d. off
438. In economics, a country’s _______ is the total value of goods and services produced within a country in a year, not including its income from investments in other countries.
a. free trade area b. association c. gross domestic product d. economic cooperation
439. He says the government must introduce tax incentives to encourage _______.
a. dedication b. growth c. unemployment d. investment
440. The local authority must face the _______ that they do not have enough conditions to develop economy.
a. trade b. statistics c. encouragement d. realization
441. This ring is made of plastic so it’s not valuable.
A. worthless B. invaluable C. worthy D. priceless
442. _____ of bananas are cheap today.
A. Bunches B. Blocks C. Packages D. Heads
443. If I were you, I would regard their offer with considerable _____, because it seems too good to be true.
A. doubt B. reservation C. suspicion D. disbelief
444. Now’s a _____ time to tell me you’re going out this evening. I’ve spent the whole day preparing supper for you.
A. fine B. reasonable C. right D. suitable
445. Many people like the slow………………. of life in the countryside.
A. step B. pace C. speed D. space
446. The manager did not offer her the job because of her untidy _____.
A. sight B. view C. appearance D. presence
447. There has been a sharp _____ in the number of burglaries in this area recently.
A. increase B. surge C. result D. advance
448. Due to the storm, the flight to New York was ______ for some hours.
A. cancelled B. delayed C. stopped D. given up
449. She is not a teenager any more. She looks quite ______ now.
A. grown-up B. overgrown C. outgrown D. grown through
450. What a ! I have left the umbrella at home and now it starts raining.
A. complaint B. sorry C. shame D. regret